Total Pageviews

Monday 2 April 2012

Manisha all set for a comeback


After Karisma Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit, it's Manisha Koirala who's all set for a comeback.

Manisha, who attended the screening of Vidhu Vinod Chopra's blockbuster hit Parinda announced her comeback at the event. Raving about Chopra, who completes his 30 years of working in the film industry, the 1942 A Love Story star says, "I really wish him well, he is one of the finest directors we have and I was fortunate to have worked with him, we had one of the best teams in 1942 A Love Story. I have the greatest of memories, fun memories working with him. He is a strict director but he is such a fun loving person."

Manisha also declared that she is ready for her comeback and was in talks with various directors. However she refrained from giving any details about her films, stating, "I will talk about my films later, as and when the producers and the directors are ready for the publicity of the films, we will announce them. I have okayed three scripts and meeting two more directors and I'm okaying their scripts as well. This year I'll be working and next year it will be a kind of come back."

Talking about leading ladies doing the item numbers Koirala said, "Everybody is doing different work. If lead actresses are doing item songs, that's fine." Given a chance will she do an item song? "If I get a great song, great film I may do an item number," said the 44-year-old actress.

We hear that Manisha has agreed to do a Malayalam movie, however the actress has not confirmed anything yet.

Manisha who had made her Bollywood debut in Saudagar in 1991 had stopped acting after getting married to businessman Samrat Dahl in 2010.

This award winning actress is best known for her performances in Bombay, Dil Se, 1942 a Love Story and Company.

We are waiting to see how well she will fare in her second innings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment